Herbal Medicine Online Course
Herbal Medicine is the study of medicinal plants & practical applications to assist health, wellness & healing.
Online Course Herbal Medicine offers a thorough study of Western Herbalism.
Materia Medica, formula & product creation, sacred geometry of plants, chemistry, history, philosophy, pharmacy, dispensary
European & Native American traditions & comparison to Ayurvedic & Chinese herbal usage.
School News Blog student & class news & graduate successes.
Herbal Medicine Online Course Fees
Online Course fees paid in full $1100.00 US
Online Course Time Payments $130 US x 12 monthly payments.
. . . including the complete system of Herbs of Grace formulas created by Farida Sharan
History & Effectiveness of Traditional Herbal Medicine
Knowledge of herbs predates the knowledge of the evolution of humankind.
Earliest discoveries of mankind include a close connection to medicinal herbs.
Ayurveda, the oldest complete system of herbal medicine, is more than 5000 years old.
Many medicines are offered by medical doctors are based on the medicinal properties of plants.
Penicillin, for healing bacterial infections, was utilised by herbalists long before Alexander Fleming took credit.
Chemical synthesizing of ‘recognised’ active ingredients of plants extracts a price on health & our planet.
Plants are too varied & complex chemically for scientists to duplicate holistic actions on the inner ecology.
Increasing numbers of people choose proven safe plant medicines for superior nutrients that support natural healing.
Herbal Medicine Online Course Lessons
Students progress at their own pace over 12 lessons.
In depth studies are mentored by master teachers with email & Skype as questions arise.
- History & Philosophy of Herbal Medicine; Use of herbs in ancient & traditional societies
- Chemistry of Herbal Medicine; Climate, soil, active principles
- Collecting, harvesting, storage
- Food as Medicine
- Food as Poison
- Food addictions & the effect of diet, coffee, alcohol, drugs, etc on health & healing.
- Herbal Pharmacy terminology; Prescription symbols
- Materia Medica – action, active ingredients, activity, applications, aromatherapy, astrology, Ayurveda, cautions, contraindications, chakras, elements, emotions, Chinese medicine, combinations, cultivation, dosage, energetics, flower essences, formulas, habitat, history, homeopathy, meridians, organs, names, nutrients, part used, personality, plant description, research, spiritual properties, substitutions, systems, taste, tissues, wildcrafting, preparation.
- Body Systems & Herbal Treatments; Creating Herbal formulas
- Holistic Anatomy & Physiology
- Developing a Holistic Approach of Body Mind Spirit
- Vitamins & Minerals for body organs, systems & glands
- Botany; Plant Classifications; Naming & identifying plants
- Collecting & preparing herbarium specimens
- How to Set up & Run an Herbal Pharmacy & Dispensary
- Methods of Herbal Applications & Treatments & Dosage
- First Aid Herbal Treatment, Acute & Chronic Conditions
- Fomentations, Poultices, Herbal Footbaths
- Infusions, Ointments, Ovules
- Pill making, capsuling, syrups & tinctures
Online Courses Herbal Medicine Study Materials
- Herbs of Grace – Becoming Independently Healthy – Farida Sharan
- Creative Menopause – Illuminating Women’s Health – Spirituality – Farida Sharan
- The Old Man & His Soul – Farida Sharan
- 5 DVD’s – Elements of Life – Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether
Explore the website, School New Blog, School Calendar & Enrolment page on the links above.
Email with INQUIRY in the subject line at top to tell us about your good self, what you are interested in, your goals & to ask any questions.
Browse the School Calendar with dates & fees & the attachments emailed in response to your Inquiry.
Request a Skype conversation to talk in person with Farida wherever you are in the world.
Enrol in Online Course(s) or an Immersion, OR both at the same time, at any time during the year.
You seek a worthy school & we seek a worthy students ready for profound life changing education.
Welcome to a longevity quality school with small classes, profound teachings & personal attention.
1. Complete Application with information choice(s), dates, payment method, signature & date.
2. Scan Application, Photo ID back & front & personal photo.
3. Email photo ID, a personal photo, completed
4. Tell us about your life experience, studies, goals & why you wish to study Natural Medicine & the healing arts.
6. Once your application is approved & payment complete, your study materials are sent to you.
Welcome to Purehealth School of Natural Medicine International! (established 1977)
I look forward to getting to know you and supporting your studies and personal evolution.
Farida Sharan ND